Just in case you had a little bit of difficulty in reading the sentence above, here is what is written there …
“Can you read this? What about saying it out loud, could you? How would you feel if you had to communicate in Chinese, would you feel comfortable in doing so? I am certain that if your job depended on speaking Chinese, you would do it.”
If your interested in learning Chinese either for business purposes or for pleasure and you could neither understand nor pronunce the above phrases in chinese, it is time to start thinking seriously about learning this language.
At present, according to the demographic worldwide statistics, approximately one out of every four human beings on Earth speaks chinese! If not enough, China is the fastest growing economy in the world over the last decade, along with the other four nations that have the greatest possibility to impact the global economy in the near future, forming the known BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa).
I could name several reasons for anyone to adventure in China, either for business purposes or to explore the cultural diversity present in its’ historic path, much unknown by the western society. From food, costumes, traditions, medicine, technology to arts … you name it. It’s all there, but if you cannot communicate with the Chinese people, you will probably be lost in contemplation.
Before continuing, if you have not read the posts related to how our brain is wired for learning and basic principles to improve your accent, please do so now in order for you to increase your efficiency in learning Chinese.
Aware of all the previous discussions already presented, there are basically two options I would recommend you:
Rocket Chinese Premium is one of the best cost/benefit courses available in the language learning market. Just to mention of few of the benefits it provides you, which includes:
1. 31 Language and culture lessons easy to follow with videos and step-by-step explanations on Chinese writing, over 300 embedded audio clips of naturally Chinese speaking, allowing you to not only understand the culture, but also how the language works;
2. All course materials are available online 24/7 in your Rocket Chinese Premium members’ area, allowing you to learn at your own pace, in your own time;
3. You can listen to the downloaded audio lessons at anytime, and anywhere your are: on your computer, your MP3 player, your stereo, in your car, on the train, at the gym … you name it and go;
4. The 31 tracks in the Rocket Chinese Premium Interactive Audio Course average 28 minutes in length, which means that’s over 15 hours of audio lessons;
5. You can record yourself speaking and compare the way you say things with the way a Chinese native speaker does. All you got to do is use the Rocket Record that comes in the package;
6. The course is based on practical everyday situations, such as greeting, meeting, food and drink, travelling, out on the Town, getting around the City, and more;
7. The course presents a Chinese Writing section, where you can watch easy to follow videos that show you how to write Chinese characters yourself;
8. You can choose how to receive the Rocket Chinese Premium package: either by mail (the course is a 20-CD pack which is available for $299.95 with FREE shipping) or you can receive the Rocket Chinese Premium package at a lower price because it costs less to produce with INSTANT ONLINE ACCESS to the DOWNLOADABLE version for only $149.95.
9. The course is so well-structure and proven to deliver what is expected from it that it has a No-Hassle 60-Day Money Back Guarantee, No Questions Asked.
10. You will also find available to you the Chinese vocabulary building games, interactive quizzes and self-tests, and more.
If that is not enough, you can just sign up for your free, no-obligation Lifetime Trial and see how well Rocket Chinese works for you.
However, before you continue, please remember that having a proven well-structure Chinese Language course such as Rocket Chinese is only half the way … the rest is up to YOU!
To buy this Chinese course, which will provide you with the tools to improve both your Chinese vocabulary and accent, or just try this course for free, just click here.
Learn Chinese through the worldwide reknown Rosetta Stone Chinese (Mandarin) Level 1-5 Set.
This high-quality and well-prepared language course gradually introduces the learner to Chinese to the language, providing him with the foundations of the language before moving on.
The Rosetta Stone Chinese learning package comes with several options to allow you to extract the most out of the learning experience, such as:
1. Interactive software easy to follow, oriented towards improving your reading, writing, understanding, and speaking of Chinese (keep in mind that the softwares’ compatibility with Windows Vista / 7 / XP, Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard, Mac OS X 10.4 Tiger, Mac OS X 10.6 Snow Leopard);
2. Live online lessons which you can access 24/7, accomodating your learning experience within your own schedule;
3. Have your lessons with you on the go, using the audio companion features so you can hear it through your CD or MP3 player, anywhere you are, whenever you please;
4. Rosetta Stone now comes with what is called “mobile companion”, meaning that if you have an iPhone or an iTouch, you can use it on your device anywhere you go. I believe it should also work on iPad2 because you can download an application of Rosetta Stone to your iPad2 (visit Apple Store and you will see). However, it is not stated to do so (if you decide to give it a try, it doesn’t hurt to look into it, right?);
5. The package includes a headset with a microphone which allows your not only to hear a sharper and clearer Chinese speaking person, but also allows you to hear your own voice speaking Chinese, and correct your pronunciation with speech-recognition technology;
6. And more (games, community, etc)
Rosetta Stone Chinese learning program (levels 1-5) is the complete package. It is all you will need, but you can also decide to get each level separetely or either getting the set including levels 1-3. Despite these options, I disencourge you to go for these options for two main reasons:
- You will need all levels to complete the course. Don’t fall short.
- On the individual level basis, the price for buying one single level at a time is almost twice the price if you purchase the entire course.
If you decide that Rosetta Stone Chinese is the best match for you, be aware of Rosetta Stone licensing. It is clearly stated on the box that Rosetta Stone does not sell software, but merely licenses their services. This means that, depending on the number of licenses you buy (the default is only one license), once you installed it in one computer, you will have to use it only on that specific computer.
For that reason, DO NOT buy a second hand (already used) Rosetta Stone Chinese program because it will not be activated, and Rosetta Stone won’t recognize your legal right to the software.
You might ask what will happen if the computer crashes or if you decide to buy a new computer, won’t you be able to reinstall Rosetta Stone Chinese in it? Yes you will, but you better keep your receipt along with the material they sent you because you will have to contact their customer services in order to set you up with the new computer. This is not a Rosetta Stones’ privilege; any software you license, you will have the same issues to deal with.
Rosetta Stone Chinese (or from any other languages) must be seen as an investment since, compared to the option 1 (Rocket Chinese Premium) which is only $149.95, Rosetta Stone Chinese (levels 1-5 … the complete program) is more expensive, and the best price you will find it is at Amazon.com for $499.00 (free shipping).
However, the decision is yours but I cannot stress enough: no matter how good the Chinese language course you have, it is only half the way … the other half is up to YOU!
If you are interested in the Rosetta Stone Chinese (Mandarin) Level 1-5 Set, which is the complete package, click the link below …
If you are interested in the Rosetta Stone Chinese (Mandarin) Level 1-3 Set, which includes the first three levels, click the link below …